The Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations is accepting applications for a Housing Maintenance Circuit Rider Project Implementation Coordinator. The Project Implementation Coordinator (PIC) will assist the Senior Circuit Rider in each member First Nation (Wasauksing, Magnetawan, Henvey Inlet, Dokis, Wahnapitae and Nipissing). Concentrating on minor repairs and renovations to establish baseline needs analysis of current housing stock. The PIC will be responsible for scheduling, tracking, and coordinating efforts of WBAFN’s Circuit Rider Trainer and Intern. The PIC will also be responsible for preparing reports, finances, updates to WBAFN’s website and documenting the progress of the Project.
This is a part time 12-month contract, pending funding availability, salary to be negotiated.
- Assist Senior CRT (Circuit Rider Trainer) to co-ordinate with each WBAFN Member First Nation Housing Manager’s or equivalent to establish Home Maintenance Plan
- Track statistical work effort of the CRT operatives.
- Track costing of housing maintenance efforts.
- Prepare budget for work plan repairs and maintenance
- Prepare report for stakeholders and First Nation executives.
- Assist Senior CRT to prepare a work plan for extended on-going Home Maintenance for each First Nation.
- Document the efforts of the CRT Operatives through videos and pictures.
- Prepare information to be updated to WBAFN’s website.
- Assist Senior CRT in providing home maintenance workshops.
STATEMENT OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possession of a carpenter or journeyman certificate an asset
- Knowledgeable in the field of residential renovations and minor repairs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Project)
- Possess an Ontario Class G Driver’s license, have reliable vehicle, ability to travel is a must.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of member First Nations.
- Candidates with experience using ArcGIS and AutoCAD would be an asset.
- Experience using GIS based tools for building field and desktop data collection, analysis and reporting would be an asset.
- Must provide a Criminal/Police Records and Vulnerable Persons Check.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Organized, able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional ethics including maintenance of confidentiality.
- Ability to learn quickly, problem solve, and exercise good judgement.
POSTING DATE: February 7th, 2022 CLOSING DATE: February 18th, 2022
Please email your resume/curriculum vitae to:
Derek McGregor, Infrastructure Specialist
Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations
368 Pickerel River Road
Pickerel, Ontario, P0G 1J0
Thank you to all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.