Reports To: Executive Director
The GIS Database Administrator – Asset Management supports the GIS Coordinator and Infrastructure Technicians to maintain Microsoft SQL and ESRI Enterprise geodatabases required to support and grow Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations (WBAFN) shared Enterprise Asset Management System and Geographic Information System used by WBAFN and its member First Nations of Dokis, Henvey Inlet, Magnetawan, Nipissing, Wahnapitae and Wasauksing to manage their Assets and utilize GIS software and data.
The Asset Management and Geographic Information Systems consist of a combination of hardware, software, customized applications, information, policies, and procedures managed by WBAFN. WBAFN is uniquely positioned among First Nations Tribal Councils in implementing advanced GIS technology to meet the needs of its member First Nations.
We are currently configuring the implementation of the Asset Management GIS into the Trimble Cityworks software environment.
- Support the sustainability and expansion of the technology infrastructure to support WBAFN Asset Management System technology infrastructure consisting of, but not limited to:
- Data Management
- Support the development and maintenance of data models and file management standards, and maintenance procedures.Configure geodatabase feature classes, and tables, and relationship classes to meet Cityworks data model requirements.
- Microsoft SQL server management – user security, data storage requirements, connectivity
- Support member First Nations capacity to manage GIS-related data.
- Develop and record metadata for all geodatabase feature classes and tables.
- Create, implement, and maintain metadata library for all WBAFN asset management GIS features and tables.
- ESRI ArcGIS Pro Enterprise environment and other ESRI applications
- Azteca Cityworks Asset Maintenance Management System.
- SAP Crystal Report to support the creation of various internal and external reports, member First Nation Asset Management Plans.
- Customized ESRI apps and related software to support specific asset management business needs, such as data collection and maintenance.
- Support, develop and implement security procedures and policies in coordination with WBAFN, member First Nations, and IT service provider.
- Support Data and software licensing and management of 3rd party and open-source datasets
- Services – Support management of enterprise GIS federated servers and shared folders server.
- Promote policies and legal framework that follows First Nations Information Governance Centre:
Ownership, Control, Access, and Possession (OCAP™)
- Support WBAFN staff to foster the use of Asset Management System technology, acceptance, skills and trust in member First Nations.
- WBAFN staff are responsible for working together to determine, propose and develop strategies and plans to meet WBAFN and member First Nation business needs.
- Work with WBFN staff to determine and implement data Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures, reports, and tools to support member First Nation needs.
- Research and Problem Solving
- Continually monitor changes and advances in technology and Asset Management GIS System needs and develop strategies and implementation plans for Executive Director guidance and approval to address needs.
- Support any WBAFN work with 3rd parties to improve the Asset Management System
- Engage and support 3rd party consultants to explore issues and make improvements to the Asset Management and GIS Systems.
- Work with vendors, such as software companies and consultants who have been engaged by
WBAFN and member First Nations to support their work in the best interest of WBAFN and member First Nations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro desktop software.
- Creating and modifying geodatabases in SQL, data models, import and export of data, create queries, relationships classes, standard templates.
- ESRI Portal for ArcGIS as well as custom apps such as Field Maps, Survey123 and Cityworks.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management
- Trimble Cityworks Maintenance Management Software
- Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit applications.
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Trimble GPS equipment and applications
- Microsoft products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook
- Data backup policies, systems
- Support the creation of cartographic products, and reports to support effective communication.
- Knowledge of Tangible Capital Asset data and operations is considered an asset.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills, which includes:
- Support GIS Coordinator in providing training, when requested, to WBAFN and member First Nations staff on data collection, maintenance, and analysis.
- Documenting operating procedures and best practices.
- Reporting on progress, activities, and issues.
- Project management, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of First Nations operations, needs and challenges.
- Create, maintain, secure Executive Director approval and report on work plans consisting of goals, deliverables, estimates of effort and schedule.
- Maintain a metadata library identifying the owner, maintenance procedure, licensing, use restrictions, etc. associated with all data in the Asset Management System.
- Ensure data licensing requirements are adhered to by WBAFN and advising member First Nations on licensing requirements.
- Work under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Work from your home office, or if directed by the WBAFN Executive Director; work from WBAFN office locate at 25 West Rd., Pickerel, Ontario, and/or 20 Second Avenue North, Sudbury Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Required to have a valid drivers license and reliable personal vehicle. Mileage and travel expenses are reimbursed where approved.
- Will be expected to travel on occasion and working beyond normal office hours to meet deadlines or WBAFN operational needs as requested and/or approved by the Executive Director.
Compensation: Will be competitive with area municipalities and based on the applicant’s level of certification and skill
Please send your resume with a cover letter and three employment references to:
Theresa Teddy, Executive Director
Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations
25 West Road, Pickerel, Ontario, P0G 1J0
Office (705) 857-0442
Cell (705) 918-2710
Miigwetch, to all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
Posting Date: February 22, 2023, Closing Date: until position is filled