The Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations is accepting applications for a Housing Maintenance Circuit Rider trainer. The Circuit Rider Maintenance Supervisor will visit each member First Nation (Wasauksing, Magnetawan, Henvey Inlet, Dokis, Wahnapitae and Nipissing). Concentrating on minor repairs and renovations to establish baseline needs analysis of current housing stock. The Circuit Rider will also supervise and train selected Maintenance Interns in basic home maintenance.
This is a 12 month contract, compensation commensurate with experience, education and within project funding level.
- Co-ordinate with each WBAFN Member First Nation Housing Manager’s or equivalent to establish Home Maintenance Plan
- Prepare Home Maintenance Work plan for each Member First Nation
- Prepare budget for work plan repairs and maintenance
- Supervise Home Maintenance Interns
- Prepare and perform training regime for Home Maintenance Interns
- Document all activities including costs, time and work completed.
- Prepare a work plan for extended on-going Home Maintenance for each First Nation.
- Capture physical housing data on individual First Nation housing stock.
STATEMENT OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a carpenter or journeyman certificate
- Knowledgeable in the field of residential renovations and minor repairs
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Project)
- Possess an Ontario Class G Driver’s license, have reliable vehicle, ability to travel is a must.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of member First Nations.
- Candidates with experience using ArcGIS and AutoCAD would be an asset.
- Experience using GIS based tools for building field and desktop data collection, analysis and reporting would be an asset.
- Must provide a Criminal/Police Records and Vulnerable Persons Check.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Organized, able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional ethics including maintenance of confidentiality.
- Ability to learn quickly, problem solve, and exercise good judgement.
POSTING DATE: February 7th, 2022 CLOSING DATE: February 18th, 2022
Please email your resume/curriculum vitae to:
Derek McGregor, Infrastructure Specialist
Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations
368 Pickerel River Road
Pickerel, Ontario, P0G 1J0
Thank you to all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.